|School Closing Number
||The main reason for
calling off any session of Kingston School will be a regard for pupil safety. The
Cherry Hill Public Schools have three options for school closings in
case of emergencies:
- Closing school all day
- Generally, when school is closed all day, after school activities
are also cancelled.
- Delaying the opening of school by two hours
- The length of the delay will be broadcast just like a closing..
In case of a delayed opening, students will report to school at 11
AM. Kindergarten usually will be scheduled as an overlap..
Bus students will be picked up by the buses at the regular stops
two hours later also. In cases of delayed openings, parents are
advised to use their own discretion in keeping their child home from
school or school events during inclement weather.
- Early dismissal
- Dismissal of students during the school day is very rare. This
option would be chosen only if severe weather conditions occur once
the students have arrived at school or for other emergencies such as
loss of heat, water, etc. PM kindergarten MAY be cancelled, and
in this case they will be called.
In the event that the Superintendent chooses one of these
options, the information will be broadcast on the following radio or
||Our school closing
number is 551. You can check :
- the KYW web
- Cable channel 19
- the Cherry Hill web site
- watch TV channels 3,6, or 10
- listen to KYW radio AM 1060
- other radio and TV stations also have school closing information